Trim is an essential part of a metal roof. Trim is what helps seal all joints where a transition is made in the slope and direction of a roof. It also has many aesthetic qualities. For some of the trim listed below, there will be several different trim profiles to choose from based on the look you would like to achieve. But for now, we'll start off with what kind of trim goes where.

  1. Ridge Roll or Peak Sheet: This trim will be found anywhere two rising roof surfaces meet one another, such as the ridge, a hip, or the top of a dormer. Peak sheets are only available for R and U panels.
  2. Rake or Gable Trim: This trim is found anywhere a sloping edge ends, such as the end of a gable or the end of a dormer.
  3. Gutter or Eave Trim: Eave trim is installed on the lowest edge of the roof. Its main purpose is to give a finished look to the roof. If gutters are requested, they would be installed in place of Eave Trim.
  4. Downspout: Downspouts are used when gutters installed. They drain water from the gutters to the ground.
  5. Wall to Roof Transition: Any time a vertical wall surface meets another roof surface, transition trim is required in order to keep water from getting underneath the roof panels. A similar trim is also needed around chimneys.
  6. Valley Flashing: Valley trim is required anywhere two roof surfaces meet to form a valley. The Valley Trim is installed underneath the roof panels to help guide water and keep it from getting under the panels.
  7. Transition Trim: Any time a roof is sloping in one direction but that slope changes, transition trim is required. It is used to keep water from getting under the roof panels.
  8. Color Chart

    Click here to view color chart.